PADI Open Water Diver Course Description
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognised scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
During the course, you’ll make pool dives and four dives at local dive site under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of three main phases conducted in 3 or 4 days depending if you did the theoretical part with PADI E-Learning already or not.
PADI Open Water Diver 3 main phases:
- Knowledge Development (with PADI E-Learning or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
For a flexible way to fit another dive course into your busy schedule, PADI’s online scuba programs are the way to go. You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning® system. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
PADI eLearning lets you:
- Learn by watching, listening, reading and interacting with a dynamic instructional program.
- Access the material for one year, plus gain unlimited access to an online version of the course manual.
- Contact your local PADI Dive Center or Resort anytime you have a question about what you’re learning.
- Get in the water quickly – applying what you’ve learned – when you meet with your PADI Instructor.
Our PADI Open Water Diver Prices